playMaker

Author Topic: Android Network Permissions  (Read 2717 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Android Network Permissions
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:46:48 PM »
I can't seem to get my android build to stop asking for network permissions on the device.  I've removed the Photon directory, any network or WWW references in every script, as well as removing requested permissions in the android manifest.

Can anyone think of anything else?  I'm posting my question here not just because this community is the most respondent and helpful, but also because most of these issues came up in PM scripts, so I felt there was something I was missing.

jess84

Re: Android Network Permissions
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »
What other plugins are you using?

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »
NGUI, which already has instructions on what to eliminate for this on their forums, and the only other one is 2Dtoolkit, which I'm posting on their forums right now.  Despite that, I searched for any WWW calls or anything related to web-connection in their scripts and haven't found anything, so doubtful it's that. 
Additionally, I have a second project that only uses PlayMaker and NGUI, and despite doing all of the above, it still has this behavior as well.

Thank you for your reply!  I appreciate it if you can think of anything else.  I'll post back here if I discover something from 2dtk.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:15 PM »
I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but you could try importing Playmaker/Versions/PlaymakerNaCL.unitypackage. That dll has networking stripped out of it.

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »
I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but you could try importing Playmaker/Versions/PlaymakerNaCL.unitypackage. That dll has networking stripped out of it.

Unfortunately this didn't work either.  Regardless of having my edited manifest in /Assets/Plugins/Android/... folder, the automatically generated manifest created in the usual Temp folder still generates with the  <..."android.permission.INTERNET" />
line.

I was under the impression that the manifest within the Plugins folder would overwrite/overrule the automated one. 

Thanks for any help!