playMaker

Author Topic: Multiple Variable compare/check action requested![SOLVED]  (Read 4931 times)

Red

Multiple Variable compare/check action requested![SOLVED]
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »
So, I know of the bool operators, compares and such and those are awesome! (knowing how to manipulate them does come in handy.)

That said... Is there an action that will, in one action, allow me to make a conditional statement like:

If Player is grounded (bool) and within a ladder area (bool) and presses up on the vertical input (float) then fire off this event.

Or would this be something that a "create a custom script" action would help with (is that one still there? I don't know what it's called, sadly... I remember there being talk about it a while ago but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called or where it's supposed to be either in the action browser or the ecosystem.)

So, if it'd help maybe have a system that lets the user tell it how many variables to check... What those variable types are in the next section... What the variable values to check against... and an "and/or/all/none" kinda deal.

... I guess I could see about trying to make one but I'm not a good coder... But I think that if I can parse how to break down a function logically so that I can make a Playmaker FSM out of it, the logical understanding ought to be there... just not the language understanding... I'll pick it apart for now but if there already is a solution like this then I guess it makes no sense to reinvent the wheel, eh?

EDIT: Or do you think it'd be simpler to make it based off the "Switch" functions but instead of one variable, you have a collection of variables that you can make?

To try to visualize it:

Number of variables to test (int): for example, 3.
Operation (Dropdown): And (so, all true.)

Variable 1:
-Type (dropdown): "Bool"
--Value to test for(dropdown): True

Variable 2:
-Type (dropdown): "Float"
--Compare to: Float
--Tolerance: Float
--Equal: (Checkbox)
--Greater than: (Checkbox)
--Less than: (Checkbox)

Variable 3:
-Type (dropdown): Int
--Compare to: Int
--Equal: (Checkbox)
--Greater than: (Checkbox)
--Less than: (Checkbox)

Event to fire: (Dropdown list of events)
Every Frame: (Checkbox)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:50:36 AM by jeanfabre »

jess84

Red

Re: Multiple Variable compare/check action requested!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »
WOO! Thank you!

I knew there was something but I could find it with a search.

(I'm going to bookmark that thread just in case.)