playMaker

Author Topic: Have an "Automatically insert a 'comment'" feature.  (Read 2429 times)

Red

Have an "Automatically insert a 'comment'" feature.
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »
So if you're not using the comment action, you're missing out. It's actually quite helpful in making sure that the systems are far, FAR easier to understand at a glance. Sure, it's one more action in the stack but it (afaik) doesn't do anything other than insert a comment so that you can understand the actions and what they do.

But I'm wondering if it's a possible option to have an option in the preferences where whenever you make a new state a comment action is automatically added in in each new state you make? A way to shave down having to hunt it down in the Action browser and have it automatically there for you to use (or copy/paste as needed.)

It's very much a low-priority thing but it might give one of those "Value added" things... A way to tell the user "Hey, we know that you might not want to have this but if you do then here's a simple way to comment your code and save time doing so!"

... Because, let's face it... If you aren't commenting your code chances are if you come back to it after a while you might be a little lost... Or you might alter something small that completely breaks your entire system... Or you might change an expression in the conditional expression... Or any team-members that you're working with might not easily understand what you're doing at a glance... Commenting your code I'd think is essential and it's something I've been trying to do religiously nowadays.