playMaker

Author Topic: (ArrayMaker)How can I upload array to "Parse" with arraymaker?  (Read 2848 times)

laik2002

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi ,Dear all,
I making a card game with playmaker & I need upload array data to parse.I can upload the array object(by Game object) ,but I can't get the value correctly (every time is 0)from parse.Plz help :'(,thx a lot

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: (ArrayMaker)How can I upload array to "Parse" with arraymaker?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:01 AM »
Hi,

can you give a sample of this data? what is your parse object look like, what's in your array?

Currently, Parse arrays are not supported, this is something I'll need to tackle ( can't really commit on the date right now, but definitly planned within a project I am working on).

Bye,

Jean

laik2002

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »
Hi Jean,
I m tring to make a card game .
I need an array to store several data for each card.
And I need another array to store which cards in player's hand.
any solution ?
plz help
thx a lot
Born

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
Hi,

typically, I would create a prefab "Card" with an fsm called "Card" and in that fsm create all the variables you need.

This prefab is then your access point for everything you are going to do with cards, you are going to reference them in various arrays for a given player's hand, etc. and you'll use "get fsm xxx" referencing the fsm "Card" because you know it's going to be there on all your cards.

When you create a new card ( since you only have unique cards, you can actually do them all once during editing and then use them), you'll simply declare it's type and maybe also the texture reference so that you can not only use that prefab for logics but also for display!

Does that make sense? I would make that stretch as opposed to create several arrays and hashtables for each of your datas. It's totally possible, but a bit more tedious and less flexible in the long run.

Bye,

Jean

laik2002

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
Hi Jean,
It s a good method to display play my card. But store the data is a big problem.
It important for a trade card game.
I still thinking how to do this... :'(
Thx
Born

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
Hi,

none of the suggestions implies a certain way of saving data online. You can perfectly have each card to talk to a manager about its last change or action, the manager then take care of saving data. This manager can also call each card to update their status.

I don't see any difficulty in using parse here, what's the issue you are facing with parse integration?

bye,

Jean

laik2002

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:40 AM »
Hi Jean,
Thx for your help ,I understand what u said ,I will try it first.
But anyway, if u can help to make a ilist action for parse ,will be very helpful for me ,thx again.
Born

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »
Hi,

yes, it's noted.

https://trello.com/c/X6SMN1Uy/66-parse-update

don't forget to vote up tasks.

Bye,

Jean