playMaker

Author Topic: new character for the stealth project  (Read 4525 times)

colpolstudios

new character for the stealth project
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »
I have been reworking the main character used in the play maker stealth scene.

My head is still swimming with all of the info I had to take in, in order to get the hero character from the 3rd person shooter project working in the first place.

If you have time please test the latest update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150707256/playmaker%20stealth%20new%20character%20WIP/testing%20only.html

updates:

You can walk / run with no gun equipped you can also sneak as normal in this mode.

You can walk run with gun equipped however the sneak mode is now with gun in hand.

The character now aims up and down when gun equipped.

Cameras:

Main camera has the done camera movement c# script.

Shooting camera has the c# shooter came camera script with the angle v (mouse Y) input feeding the animations controller component to drive the animations.

Animations: shoot straight, shoot up and shoot down.

Known issues:

walking backwards when gun equipped.

This is due to always looking at the aim target when moving, not to sure how to solve this one :(

Please let me know of areas that need more work.

Thank you

Colpolstudios

colpolstudios

Re: new character for the stealth project
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
Hi, updated https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150707256/playmaker%20stealth%20new%20character%20WIP/testing%20only.html

You now can shoot when the gun is equipped.

"Spacebar" to equip/un equip gun

Left click to shoot.

I had to set the animation weights to different values when changing from shooting up and down.

I think I need to use get mouse Y and use the stored value to improve on the amount of movement up and down.

I was previously resetting the values to 0 when you unequipped the gun, but now it seems better not to do this.

I value your input and help many thanks for your time

colpolstudios

coffeeANDsoda

Re: new character for the stealth project
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:41 AM »
What do you think of the movement? Does it work well on your end? Because when the camera changes, it feels off.