playMaker

Author Topic: TouchScript action help?  (Read 3028 times)

RC

TouchScript action help?
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
Hello, Ive been searching and trying to figure this out for about a week now but still can't figure it out.

I'm trying to make a movement like Jetpack Joyride, but it's not working correctly.

So this is the problem , when you touch the button it will add force up but it get stuck in that state, till you touch it the second time,than it works properly.

Please have a look at the attachment. I'm horrible at explaining things. thank you.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: TouchScript action help?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Not sure... I'm not familiar with TouchScript but the scene and setup looks like it should work fine. Locking on the first pass does not seem to be a design feature. Contact the author?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

RC

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:37 PM »
Thank you.

I will try to ask the author.
Is there any other solution for Playmaker and multitouch action that you can recommend?

szomaza

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:03 AM »
Just trying TouchScript and the examples work really nicely on device.
I can pinch zoom and rotate objects at the same time.

What I would need for my project is to pinch zoom and pan the camera around the scene a bit.

There are a few playMaker actions for TouchScript like: Rotated and Scaled which say in their description: "Sends event when scale gesture is performed on an object"
And there is Local Delta Scale parameter in them, so I guess I could have some huge invisible object in the scene, then scale and move that with touches, and get these values from the playmaker actions and apply them to my camera.
Is this how it should be done?

Also those Rotated and Scaled actions don't have an Every Frame checkbox so maybe this wouldn't even work?

Or should I try input.touches instead?
input.touches has: "Input Touches Get Pinch Info" and "Input Touches Get Rotate Info" actions.
Sounds easier already.

Please help with some advice.
Thanks
szomaza

edit: never mind I bought  input.touches and could get the pinch zooming working nicely. Now struggling with moving the camera to center of pinch, at the same time...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:35:44 AM by szomaza »