playMaker

Author Topic: Match 3 Prototype  (Read 16479 times)

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Match 3 Prototype
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 05:54:23 AM »
Cheers! It's getting there. I feel like it needs a little bit more of a fun factor, so I'm sort of letting my brain figure that one out whilst i work on other things :)

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
Hi marcos, cool stuff you got going there..would you mind to share how the blocks fall accordingly and maybe re-sort the array after that?

I've succeeded to create a Match 3 also, but not the swipe one, more like Bejeweled and Candy Crush, and I've implement if found 3 matches on the horizontal or vertical axes, then the blocks get destroyed, but I'm confused on what to do next, can you shed me some light about the topics? thanks

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
I made it so that it removes the entry in the array upon making a match (and despawning the gem), which causes the entries after it to shift one space down. Then I check how long the array is, and add the required entries to fill it out. After that I use the array indices of the gems to check a vector 3 array containing destination positions, and move them into their corresponding slots.

I don't have any hardcore math in at the moment to ensure that a match is always possible. I kind of wish I didn't drop that subject as soon as I could back in high school.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:08 AM »
Thanks a lot for the insight, I've finally succeeded doing it as I went back and forth on this thread, and found out you were using 2nd sets of array storing vector3 of each object, and that what's exactly I needed. I've couldn't done it, if it weren't for this thread, so thanks again!

SushimojiTo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 10:30:06 AM »
Hi, very good work!  ;)
You have in mind to share the project for studing it?  ;D

Thanks!  :)

LuminRabbit

• Lumin Rabbit
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »
First off great job!!!
How do the squares fall into position? Is it a tween or physics or something else? 😁
Have I said how much I love playmaker!!! This is one amazing tool

marianne

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 07:35:37 AM »
Very nice work. Definetly a game where you need to be attentive, because of the many different meanings of the colours. Not that easy as it looked on first sight.