playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker is now available [April 2021]  (Read 181428 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [MAI 2014 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2014, 07:27:11 AM »
Hi,

Could it be some hidden return chars messing with you here?

What errors or trouble do you get exactly? can you send me the link to these files and I'll test.

Bye,

Jean

junglist

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
Hello Jean, I am having an error when using the latest versions of array maker and easy save.

If i try to use hash table easy save I get

Code: [Select]
HashTable undefined
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableActions:isProxyValid() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/__internal__/HashTableActions.cs:49)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableEasySave:SaveHashTable() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/HashTableEasySave.cs:60)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableEasySave:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/HashTableEasySave.cs:52)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update()
PlayMakerFSM:Update()

And if I try to load a hash table:

Code: [Select]
HashTable undefined
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableActions:isProxyValid() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/__internal__/HashTableActions.cs:49)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableEasyLoad:LoadHashTable() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/HashTableEasyLoad.cs:67)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HashTableEasyLoad:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/HashTableEasyLoad.cs:59)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Start()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:ProcessEvent(FsmEvent, FsmEventData)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEventTarget, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEvent)
PlayMakerApplicationEvents:OnApplicationPause()

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
Hi,

Odd, I can repro this. Can you explain your setup, are you on a prefab, you must use an instance, not the prefab directly.

Maybe you can can share your scene? pm me if possible.

Bye,

Jean

junglist

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »
Both the hash table and the playmaker fsm are on scene objects, no prefabs involved.

But a strange thing just happened...

I duplicated the project and deleted everything not related to saving this hash table, it is saving and loading perfectly fine when isolated. Must be a problem somewhere else in my project. I will try to figure this out and report back here tomorrow.

rik

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »
can some one make array sort for float and int values like low to high/ high to low

in to a unity package so i could better understand

thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2014, 03:32:47 AM »
Hi,

Use "array Sort" to do a High to Low, and use Array Reverse ( after you've done the sorting) to do a low to high.

Have you tried this already? or where you not aware of the Reverse Action?

Bye,

Jean

Ced

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »
Hi Jean, awesome work on arraymaker. Are there any plans for playmaker (or arraymaker) to support fixed-length built-in arrays in the future? I'm using arraymaker on a grid and there are times when I need to do "arraylist get" about 60 times in a single frame. I am targeting mobile so optimization is necessary and all of these arrays will stay the same length.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2014, 09:12:14 AM »
Hi,

60 calls is still ok, are you profiling and finding some issues on this particular access? if you do, make sure it's this call specifically and not what you do with the data, say you are getting a string and try to find a gameobject in the scene, that will be a problem. If you do general math or transforms manips, you'll be fine.

PlayMaker 1.8 will come with a new FsmArray type of variable and this is using ( I believe) built in array, so this will be an option to investigate if performance is the bottleneck here.

Bye,

Jean

Ced

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »
Awesome to hear that built in arrays may be supported. I don't have the paid version of unity so can't use the profiler. Just read around the unity forums that if there is a choice, and you dont need to change to size of an array, then built-in arrays should be the primary choice.

My grid has an array on each tile that references the surrounding tiles. Usually it just uses a whole load of "gets" and a few "counts" for some other arrays that do change in length. I'll see how it goes.

I do look forward to playing with the FsmArray variable in the future.

Thanks Jean.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2014, 12:37:43 AM »
Hi,

Yeah. Tho, I would be very careful with the initial logic itself to access 60 times per frame. If it's during the game loop, I would strongly advice to review this part of your system and refactor it so that you access data only if you really need to, only very specific occasions.

Bye,

Jean

Ced

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:01 AM »
It doesn't do this every frame, of course. Just each time a new tile is selected. So if someone swipes really fast, this could equal doing all that logic once every few frames.

Actually, talking about this did give me an excellent idea. I could simply make a delay on checking the range. As you swipe around, the selected square could be displayed (which is only like 2 arraylist gets), and if you sit on the same tile for a small amount of time, then it could do the heavy logic for checking all the surrounding tiles.

Thanks Jean, just talking about the problem already helped me come up with an easy solution.  ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2015, 07:55:08 AM »
Hi,

this is always true. Having to formulate to someone else your issue forces you to be precise, and then the solution will become a lot easier to find as well!

Bye,

Jean

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Hi Jean,
After finally fixing my lap timer (thanks again for your help!) I'm still working on my racing game and, as such, am making a waypoint navigation FSM using Arraymaker. I'm using the 'Array List Create' 'Array List Find Objects by Tag' and 'Array List Get Next' (with this having an Nect Event Trigger upon collision with an empty tagged 'waypoint') but for some reason the array wont fill with the waypoint objects? Can you confirm that this would be the correct order for the action string?

Thanks again,
Ross

mweyna

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
I know there is a "Array List Get Closest Game Object," but is there an Inverse? A Get Furthest Game Object action somewhere?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2015, 07:15:04 AM »
Hi,

yes, ArrayListGetFarthestGameObject.cs

is it not in your package? have you downloaded the latest from the wiki?

Bye,

Jean