playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker is now available [April 2021]  (Read 176919 times)

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [JUNE 2015 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2015, 04:07:43 PM »
Hi,
about this:
Code: [Select]
InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListGetClosestGameObject.DoFindClosestGo () (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/Custom/GameObject/ArrayListGetClosestGameObject.cs:100)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListGetClosestGameObject.OnUpdate () (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/Custom/GameObject/ArrayListGetClosestGameObject.cs:77)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnUpdate ()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update ()
PlayMakerFSM.Update ()

"Array List Add Range" don't load variables to a list, it is empty and "GetClosest" can't find anything.

Unity 5.0.1f1
PM 1.7.8.3

johannastephen

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
Hi,

ok, I have pushed a version with the latest PlayMaker utils and also a better log for this error, you'll know the state fsm name and gameobject name, so if this happens again, go to that state and see what actions are there and if they are all in order, maybe a variable went missing or something.

else, can you also report the unity version and PlayMaker version? thanks.

Bye,

Jean

My playmaker ver 1.7.7.f6   Unity 4.6.1f1

Ok. I will try  ;)

johannastephen

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
Hi,

ok, I have pushed a version with the latest PlayMaker utils and also a better log for this error, you'll know the state fsm name and gameobject name, so if this happens again, go to that state and see what actions are there and if they are all in order, maybe a variable went missing or something.

else, can you also report the unity version and PlayMaker version? thanks.

Bye,

Jean

My playmaker ver 1.7.7.f6   Unity 4.6.1f1

Ok. I will try  ;)

Thanks Jean.  I solved it  :D I upgrade again with your updated Playmaker Utils. And it showed the errors with fsm names and gameobjects. When i look deeply, i see Array List Get and Set actions show Variable as Float. Not Vector3. I changed them to Vector3. It makes everything ok. Thank you again. This problem solved.  ;)

My advice, my forum friends should check their variable types after the update.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2015, 09:21:50 AM »
Hi,

yeah, and if you get this, make sure you reference it here on ananother thread. Maybe we'll see a pattern in maybe the way things are upgraded or else so that we can try to avoid this kind of loss, which always a pain, so don't hesitate to report even if you know how to fix it.

Bye,

Jean

ramones

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »
Is there any way to use arrays to show in inspector as a native var? If not, is there any other alternative?

Cheers.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2015, 04:56:56 AM »
Hi,

The next version of PlayMaker will have FsmArray built in, so you'll soon be able to do that :)

Bye,

Jean

nilton_felicio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »
Hi Jean.
I'm using Array Maker "Hash Tables proxies" with easysaver 2.

I went to the forum to EasySave 2 to ask about good practices with large amounts of data to be saved, queried and deleted according to need.

Is there a limit of proxies Hashtables size in relation to the quantity of items?
As it impacts in Mobile performance?
It is a good practice to work with Hashtables proxies with up to 100 items and when necessary to save this Hashtables proxies Easy Save, or even load that file as needed?

In short I am wanting to create something like a CRUD PHP, but without the use of PHP just gave an example.

I just need a direction to proceed with my project.
Thank you very much in advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2015, 04:53:58 AM »
Hi,

you can load your hashtables and arrayList with lots of data. It's not the problem, the problem is what you do with them. for example if you start looping trhough all items and do some heavy operation ofr each items, that is going to have an impact on performances, but the storage is only a question of memory, not performances.

I ran some tests with arrays and hashtables with thousands of items, ( 47 000 on an arrayList), and it works fine, no impact on perfs, again because I am careful with what I do with this data.

so to sum up, the amount of data affects memory, not Fps, what you do with this data affects fps.

Bye,

Jean

nilton_felicio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2015, 03:30:26 PM »
Hi,

you can load your hashtables and arrayList with lots of data. It's not the problem, the problem is what you do with them. for example if you start looping trhough all items and do some heavy operation ofr each items, that is going to have an impact on performances, but the storage is only a question of memory, not performances.

I ran some tests with arrays and hashtables with thousands of items, ( 47 000 on an arrayList), and it works fine, no impact on perfs, again because I am careful with what I do with this data.

so to sum up, the amount of data affects memory, not Fps, what you do with this data affects fps.

Bye,

Jean

Thank you Jean .
I will follow with arrays and hash tables and EasySave2 . I'll think of something in relation to the loop.

Bye, Nilton.

nilton_felicio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2015, 09:26:32 PM »
Hi, Jean.
On how to deal with lop the results on the screen I got EnhancedScroller here:https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36378
That they had not supported playmaker actions.
How could I call the results into an ArrayMaker or HashTables proxies, through code?
Would you help me?

rik

« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2015, 06:59:22 AM »
is there any problem with easy save2 it have arraymaker support

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
Hi, Jean.
On how to deal with lop the results on the screen I got EnhancedScroller here:https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36378
How could I call the results into an ArrayMaker or HashTables proxies, through code?
Would you help me?

Hi,

I actually purchased it a while ago, and yes, it needs supporting. I am unfortunatly very busy theses days, please allow me several days to provide support. Can you get back to me in a week or two?

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »
is there any problem with easy save2 it have arraymaker support

Hi,

As far as I know, all is running well. Do you experience any issues?

Bye,

Jean

nilton_felicio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »
Hi, Jean.
Would you help me?

Hi,

I actually purchased it a while ago, and yes, it needs supporting. I am unfortunatly very busy theses days, please allow me several days to provide support. Can you get back to me in a week or two?

Bye,

Jean

Hi,

I will await counting the days for this to happen .
Thank you for your help.
Jean Fabre which would Playmaker without their contribution . Always with optimal solutions .

bye .

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [DECEMBER 2015 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2015, 03:24:52 AM »
Hi,

ArrayMaker got updated to work with Unity 5.3 and PlayMaker 1.8Beta ( available in the Asset store as an option for install).

Make sure you back up your project first, as always with any updates!

this updates uses the latest PlayMaker Utils, so no new features, just a maintenance update for compatibility

Bye,

Jean