playMaker

Author Topic: consumer of laser "tripped" event?  (Read 4067 times)

hairyMug

• Playmaker Newbie
consumer of laser "tripped" event?
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »
I am going through the "noExit" tutorial and refer to the laser "tripped" event.
I would expect there to be code somewhere that is executed when this event is raised but have no been able to find it.

Thanks!

Walt

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: consumer of laser "tripped" event?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »
The Activated state triggered by the tripped event sends an event to another FSM on the door - that FSM opens the door.

This is a common strategy - using multiple simple FSMs that send events to each other. This keeps each FSM simple, and it's more flexible.

hairyMug

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
that's fine but there is no FSM (that I can find) that is looking for a "tripped" event ...
Is it being used? and if so where?

I am just trying to understand how I would determine what FSM has the code to react to this event.
Since the event is unique (as the docs say), then ANY FSM could use it; How would I locate it?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:35 PM »
I'm on my iPhone right now, but take a look at the Send Event To FSM action in Activate to see the target and event (e.g., send Open event to Door03)

Tripped is (if I remember correctly) only used locally by the Laser FSM.

Within an FSM you can right click on Events and Variables in the event and variable managers to navigate to states that use that event/variable.