playMaker

Author Topic: Error message when using Finish FSM  (Read 1411 times)

SuperCosmo

• Playmaker Newbie
Error message when using Finish FSM
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
Hi!
I've been trying to make a skill calculation system, but can't seem to get some of the logic to work.

So basically what I'm trying to do is make each calculation reusable, like you would do if you were programming:

if(strengthSliderHasChanged) {
calculateMelee();
calculateStamina();
}
else if (enduranceSliderHasChanged) {
calculateMelee();
calculateHealth();
}

Or something like that, nesting functions to keep track of which skills that are gonna be updated if a stat is changed.
So I tried using Run FSM and Finish FSM to accomplish it, but I'm getting an error for some reason. I have one FSM that first fetches the value from a GUI slider and stores it in a global variable. Then I use Run FSM to start a template for calculating the skill value, and store the result in a global value, and then get it to run Finish FSM once the calculations are done.
From what I can tell this is the step where Playmaker tells me my logic is wrong, I'm getting the Object reference not set to an instance of an object error message as you can see from the attachments.
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Error message when using Finish FSM
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
I haven't used Run/Finish FSM before so I'm just guessing here but it doesn't look like you've assigned a variable for the input.

Tried to repro but I think something might be bugging between Unity 5 beta and latest Playmaker beta for me as I couldn't get any input variables to show for Run FSM.. I'll look into it some more later..
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D