playMaker

Author Topic: Character Controller Jump issue with touch controls  (Read 1862 times)

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
Character Controller Jump issue with touch controls
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
I am pretty far along in making my new 3rd person adventure game for iOS / Android. However, I am having a horrible time trying to use touch controls to make my character jump. The character controller jumps perfectly when using the space bar, but when I try using touch controls to trigger the "input jump" bool using a set property action, my character will not leave the ground.

As a work around, I've currently been using a Transform Translate action on the Y axis to jump but this introduces some weird glitches with the physics (the jump is very floaty and falls very fast).

Currently, my character has the character controller, character motor script and platform controller attached. I am using the Touch Script plug-in (with the Playmaker actions) for my touch controls.

My jump FSM looks like this:

1. Touching the jump icon on the screen sends the "Jump" event

2. The jump event uses a Set Property action to activate the "InputJump" bool from the character motor script.

3. Loops back to step 1.

Any help is appreciated.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
Re: Character Controller Jump issue with touch controls
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
Well it should worked from what I've read, if with space it is working, then with touch it should've also worked, are you sending the 'inputJump' property directly inside the FSM that handles the touch event?