playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and new UI  (Read 3755 times)

DarkSlash

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker and new UI
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
I have downloaded the Unity 4.6 beta with the new UI. I have Playmaker, and I want to know how to interact with the new UI. For example, I create a button from Unity, I add a state machine to it, and I want to catch the click button. Can I do that?

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Playmaker and new UI
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
Yes- you can get them here http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8452.0 There's two others available via Ecosystem- but the button one you want is in the post I linked
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

DarkSlash

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks! This are my first steps in Playmaker... so how do I implement those .cs files? If they need o be imported, do I need to do it every new project? OR c an be added to Playmaker as a regular feature?

EDIT: I've just dropped into Playmaker/Actions and worked.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:36:29 PM by DarkSlash »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »
Yeah if the actions are not included in the Playmaker release then you'll have to add them to every project you want to use them in.

The next version of Playmaker will include all the Ui actions I'm thinkin- and if you search around the forums and/or use the "Ecosystem" add-on you'll find a bunch more really useful actions-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
Hi,

yes, you can use the Ecosystem browser which is convenient to search and install actions directly from Unity.

You can get this ecosystem browser here

Bye,

Jean

DarkSlash

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »
I installed the ecosystem browser but doesn't find the uGUI extensions listed in the post linked above!

ssk9208

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 10:05:56 PM »
I installed the ecosystem browser but doesn't find the uGUI extensions listed in the post linked above!

Yes, the Ecosystem currently only include the uGUI GetText and SetText actions.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »
Hi,

yes, I should have been a lot more precise here:

the package is available on the wiki

And you can search for "actions" on the ecosystem, the actual proxies are not yet available within the ecosystem ( working actively on this, but as always, taking more time than anticipated :) )

Bye,

Jean