playMaker

Author Topic: Working with MIDI file to create a rhythm game  (Read 2637 times)

ViRiX Dreamcore

• Playmaker Newbie
Working with MIDI file to create a rhythm game
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:50:22 AM »
Hello again guys.

I've been racking my brain about how I would create a rhythm game kind of like Dance Dance Revolution or DJ Max. The main thing I was thinking of was how I would create the note charts for songs.  Doing very simple notes, I could use timing, but that would probably be far too mess to do as I'd need a long string of nodes with different wait times and stuff.

Then I was reading a post somewhere and MIDI came up. Is there anyway I could use that with PlayMaker?

The two big things I guess is having Unity know when the notes are to be hit and the timing of those notes.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

WillowN

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Working with MIDI file to create a rhythm game
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »
Hi, I am also interested in Unity for rhythm games but am still very early in my explorations. I recommend checking out Koreographer on the app store. They have playmaker support/integration and have an engine that supports midi imports (in the pro version). So far I have made everything move to the beat successfully and interpolate at the right times but being able to load in midi would be awesome. I know of a developer who has set that up in a unity game that I designed if you want me to put you in contact.