playMaker

Author Topic: Return/Get Player Photon Ping?  (Read 5226 times)

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
Return/Get Player Photon Ping?
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:15:46 AM »
Is there currently any way to retrieve the ping of a player in a Photon room? I've finally got my multiplayer setup working pretty good, and wanted to be able to show ping information to players to know if they have reasonable connection to each other, and maybe create some techniques to compensate for lag.

beaumint

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Return/Get Player Photon Ping?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
Any update on this? I would love to be able to display the players current ping for my game.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Return/Get Player Photon Ping?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:51:54 AM »
Hi,

What do you mean by ping? the network ping time? I don't think there is any information on network performance within the pun. I searched their forum and found this:

http://forum.exitgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5204&p=19665&hilit=ping+value#p19665

If this is not what you are after, let me know. you can create a system that check  call regularly and check the amount of time you wait for the response and use this as your metric. so make a call to the server ( the master, since there is no server with pun), with a RPC event and you'll get something quite accurate over time as far as network perfs.

Bye,

Jean