playMaker

Author Topic: Extended 'Mouse Pick Event' to include right click  (Read 3880 times)

bfd

• Playmaker Newbie
Extended 'Mouse Pick Event' to include right click
« on: December 06, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »
The Mouse Pick Event seems incredibly useful but at the moment I'm very limited by the fact that it can only send a 'mouse button down' event (in addition to mouse over, mouse up etc) which defaults to left mouse button.

Would it be possible to extend this action so that I can have separate events fired for left click and right click? Or is there some easy way to accomplish this that I'm missing?

Essentially I'm looking for an real-time strategy game style of mouse interaction where the player left-clicks on an object to select it and right-clicks on an object to attack (or in my case, 'move to')

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Extended 'Mouse Pick Event' to include right click
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 02:32:57 AM »
Hi,

Done, you can get it via the Ecosystem browser or download it below.

MousePickEvent2

Bye,

Jean

Beefdoctor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
I think the 'Mouse Pick Event' is great but couldn't you just change it to maybe 'Input Pick Event' and have a list like in 'Get Key'? that way you could have the functionality of 'Mouse Pick Event' but with any key, mouse button, or joypad button, for the 'mouse down' and 'mouse up' states.

PS. i Only started using Playmaker a couple of days ago, so tell me to shut the hell up if this functionality exists elsewhere (and point me to it)  :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
:)

By All means, please make requests! This is the way to do it, so don't worry, you can speak your mind here.

This is a good suggestion, and I made the action available on the Ecosystem

KeyBoardPickEvent

Tell me if this what you had in mind. So now instead of mouse down and up this action will react to key down and up while giving you the same functionalities otherwise ( using the mouse current position to match events)

Bye,

Jean

Beefdoctor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »
Your a total legend! cheers :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:11:55 AM »