playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question  (Read 2995 times)

crush

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:38 PM »
Issue
I have a weapon that animates a beam, that has a collision box at the end bone of the animated mesh. I use that to hit an enemy, enemy takes damage using trigger enter etc.  (PS I am using this over a raycast solution for a couple of other reasons)

This all works fine however my player also has a collision box with it's own setting for taking damage and so on. When my weapon returns it also damages the player. Another issue is that my beam with the collision box also triggers events that I don't want it to.

I have tried setting my enemy assets, event assets and player assets to different layers, different tags etc... but nothing seems to ignore/recognize correctly.

I imagined that layers/tags would be able to define sets of collision that match each other and work together, but I think I must be missing something in the way this should work.

I am wondering if there is a better way to do this through playmaker than the way I have it set up. Thanks for any help and insight.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:55:08 AM by Lane »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
Hi,

are you using the global event "TRIGGER ENTER" or the action "Trigger Event"?

-- If you use "TRIGGER ENTER", there is no filtering, EVERY trigger enter call from the system will be forwarded. and you will need to use the action "Get trigger info" and then filter out if you need to perform an action..

-- If you are using "Trigger Enter" action, then you have access to layer and tag filtering. BUT DON'T use the global event "TRIGGER ENTER" as the event to send from that action, because then it's going to bug. create your own global event for this.

Bye,

Jean

crush

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:14:28 PM »
Jean, thank you!.. that is exactly what I needed to know, how to filter etc. I'll try this out. Yes I was using the global TRIGGER ENTER.. so this makes scene. Awesome!.

jewboy0117

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »
This seem to not work still. I had tagged the selected object that I want to use to affect the trigger and changed the collide Tag in the Trigger.

Pandur

Re: [SOLVED] Trigger Enter and Separate Layers/Tags Question
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:45:53 PM »
Same problem one me,sry i dont understand why i set a tag for the collide ( Player) when every npc with collide tag (enemy) the trigger event activate it can.