playMaker

Author Topic: How to make random walk AI  (Read 5838 times)

asdf

• Playmaker Newbie
How to make random walk AI
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:26:39 AM »
Hi guys, I am new to playmaker.

I would like to make random walk AI.
The AI set random desination on Nav Mesh and move to the position with mecanim animation. I download the unitypackage for animator function of playmaker but I have no idea how to use them.

How can I make this move AI with playmaker ?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:29:32 AM by asdf »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: How to make random walk AI
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »
Seems like you need to learn about how to use Mecanim and the Navmesh system first- check these tutorials then you'll know how to use the animator package

Mecanim
http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/animation

Navmesh
http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/navigation

You can do a random walk ai pretty easily with Playmaker- just create your waypoint GameObjects- use "Select random game object" to set your next waypoint then use "Set destination as Game Object" to go to the waypoint- when it arrives go back to your "select random game object" state and so on-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
Walker boys Ai Behavior does all of that and more.  We just need someone to make some playmaker actions for it.

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
And if you want to do more advanced ai I highly recommend Behavior Designer https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/15277 +movement pack- its very playmaker like, works with playmaker and makes it easy to set up really flexible ai stuff

Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
Walker boys Ai Behavior does all of that and more.  We just need someone to make some playmaker actions for it.

You should reach out to the developers of the asset to let them know that there is interest in actions for it. Often if there is enough interest they will go ahead and create the actions and maintain them. Otherwise, we have a huge queue of assets where everyone can vote on whats done next.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

asdf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 11:12:41 PM »
Thank you guys for useful info.

I would like to use this function soon, so I will think purchasing Behaviour Designer.