playMaker

Author Topic: What's the best spawner pool manager for playmaker?  (Read 3896 times)

wheretheidivides

What's the best spawner pool manager for playmaker?
« on: December 25, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »
I wanted a spawner to be used with playmaker.  I see 'core gamekit' and 'pool manager' are 2 that have playmaker abilities.  I was wondering which do you prefer or which is best.

I just got 'Master Audio' and am pleased with it (although it seems like overkill and un-needesly complicated) but it does have playmaker ability.  It'd be nice to use this with a spawner so the audio and spawn happen together.

So I am looking for a spawner to be used with playmaker to spawn tanks, planes, mechs when they die.  So a tank gets hit, it dies and respawns in a location with audio and effects.  I already have this set up, but am looking for an easier solution to use in game.

What do you think?

mweyna

Re: What's the best spawner pool manager for playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
PoolManager is my favorite, significantly faster then using Unity creation and destroy actions.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 04:27:47 PM »
I prefer PoolManager.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 06:19:34 PM »
I bought core game kit cause it was also from the makers of master audio and tell you what:  it sucks.  What a complete waste of time.  It is so unbelievable complicated that no one in his right mind would use it.  I can't wai to write up my review on the assest store. 

I'll give pool manager a try.  BTW:  all I want to do is have 4 vehicles fire at each other.  When they get hit, respawn, increment the score and spawn a effect.  I have done this with playmaker already, but wanted a pooler.  That way I can get used to it.  but geez, core gaming kit sucks.  It's like you want to change a lightbulb, but they want you to change every lightbulb in the country first.

So will pool manager simple do this or should I just stay with playmaker?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 03:38:19 AM »
I'm using Pool Manager too,
if you give it a go, I added an image in attachment of easy and fast setup.
This image was made during PM Skype conversation, maybe can be useful for you too :)

jerotas

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
I bought core game kit cause it was also from the makers of master audio and tell you what:  it sucks.  What a complete waste of time.  It is so unbelievable complicated that no one in his right mind would use it.  I can't wait to write up my review on the assest store. 

I'll give pool manager a try.  BTW:  all I want to do is have 4 vehicles fire at each other.  When they get hit, respawn, increment the score and spawn a effect.  I have done this with playmaker already, but wanted a pooler.  That way I can get used to it.  but geez, core gaming kit sucks.  It's like you want to change a lightbulb, but they want you to change every lightbulb in the country first.

So will pool manager simple do this or should I just stay with playmaker?
This is the author of Core GameKit. I randomly came across this post on Google searching for mentions of our plugins. Did you contact us for assistance? Core GameKit and Master Audio are both capable of very complex behavior without writing any code (and 90% of the advanced features were actually requested by users in Master Audio's case so it's not "needlessly complicated"), but both are also able to do simple things if you ignore the bells and whistles you don't need. Both of our plugins have a 5-star average rating, partly due to the great support (which you may not have used). If you have difficulties and want to give it another shot please contact us at support@darktonic.com

PoolManager is a fine plugin (we have a copy) if you only need pooling although it's IMHO a little expensive for a pure pooling plugin.

Core GameKit is successfully used by thousands of users in hundreds of finished games. It's modular in that if you only need pooling and spawners, you can ignore the other 3 major features. The documentation is over 40 pages, which is the downside, but you can skip sections you're not using. We're working on turning the documentation into a website with context-sensitive help from the Inspectors. We just completed the same thing on Master Audio. No more 56-page readme!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:42:07 PM by jerotas »