playMaker

Author Topic: Picking up objects  (Read 19844 times)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Picking up objects
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:59 PM »
Have you tried either?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 11:15:03 PM »
Have you tried either?

On the object? Or the empty object that interacts with it? Last I checked, I got the same results. How would that work without Use Owner for both set position or raycast? Also, if I use Specify Game Object, it's only one with object, and the scene I have has more than one object. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:22:11 PM by coffeeANDsoda »

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 11:02:19 PM »
Plus, I also tried to attach a fsm to the object to lift up, but I still get the same results.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
Have you tried either?

By the way, this is what I have currently for the object that drags objects poorly.

https://db.tt/PgdahVss

https://db.tt/R7Exz2FI

Hope this helps to give you a idea of what I'm stuck on.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »
While carrying the object around works by adding I think a move towards action in objects FSM, I still have a few problems.

I can't figure out a way to put it down even if I add 2 mouse pick events(since mouse off option does nothing).

Second, when I move the mouse it doesn't stay in one position, causing the object to turn around.

Third, even though it has collision, the object goes through walls and floors partially.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »
@coffeeANDsoda There's just one set of FSM's on the object that you want to be a pickupable. But I have parented a trigger to the 1st person camera. It would be perfectly possible to set this up for a mouse-click event on the object though, rather than a controller.

For the state that deals with dropping, did you add actions like add force or set property in order to make it fall?

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »
I tried having a action turn kinematics off, and it still doesn't work. How come turning it off when creating a C# script for it works like the code below?

Code: [Select]
    void checkObject() {
         if(Input.GetKeyDown {KeyCode.E}) {
             dropObject();
         }
    }

void dropObject() {
         carrying = false;
         carriedObject.gameObject.rigidbody.isKinematic = false;
         carriedObject = null;
    }
}

ballista

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »
I see this is an old topic but I was wondering how you got on with this as I'm in the same problem my self, but haven't been able to find a decent tutorial?   would be great if you could let us know how you got on with this. Cheers

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »
I see this is an old topic but I was wondering how you got on with this as I'm in the same problem my self, but haven't been able to find a decent tutorial?   would be great if you could let us know how you got on with this. Cheers

Closest thing I got to making something like that was from this youtube video.

Unfortunately, I think I got rid of a prototype recreating the needed FSMs for this issue.  Aside from this video, I am still stuck on it.  Want to implement picking up and dropping objects but can't figure out how to do it in playmaker.