playMaker

Author Topic: Newbie needs help  (Read 2034 times)

Seiryu33

Newbie needs help
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »
So as the subject line suggest, I'm new to using Unity and Playmaker. My project is a 2d Action/adventure platform, which means the player character has a lot of actions.  My managed to program most of the basic movements (running, jumping, ducking, etc,) but i have a couple of different issues:

When i connect the starting state with the custom states for th character's actions i get the error "tradition missing target state." How do i correct this?

Second issue is a collision issue. I have the character set with both a Polygonal Collided and a RigidBody but when i set a collision response i get the error "Owner requires RigidBody/Collided." What am i doing wrong? Thank you in advanced for any advice.

wheretheidivides

Re: Newbie needs help
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:00:29 PM »

2) Do both objects have a rigidbody and coliision boxes?

Using screenshots help.  Windows comes with snipping tool so you can take a snip and show u what you are talking about.

Seiryu33

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
Here's basically the problem I'm encountering. As you can see, I have both a RigidBody and a collider implemented but for whatever reason it's not recognizing it. Am I using the wrong collider? I'm basically trying to set my collision events so that the player not only takes damage but so the character reacts to it.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
The image is too small to read.

Seiryu33

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 04:33:29 PM »
How's this? Is this any clearer?  I tried to make the image larger.