playMaker

Author Topic: Player Movement  (Read 2132 times)

strange_aeons

• Junior Playmaker
Player Movement
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
hello, I am very new Playmaker and have been following the guide set out in the tutorial videos in which a player movement system is created using Get Axis Vector and Controller Simple Move on one Empty Object and then Mouse Pick is used on another empty object parented to the first and it worked as demonstrated and i am pleased with the results.

What i would like to modify to the way the player moves is that the player moves slower when walking backwards and strafing (side to side movement).

I thought i might achieve this by building up a bunch of triggers that tell which "direction" the player is facing at any time and those triggers will set the values of four Float variables corresponding to the WASD keys, but i am stumped as to how to put those variables through the Controller Simple Move as it has only one Speed.

Is there a way to make such alterations to the Controller Simple Move or is there an alternative method that allows more customization?

HyperThermal

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Player Movement
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »
An action that I think would greatly benefit you is "Axis Event". This action can send an event based on what directions you're going in. Using this, you can make some events that feed into states for strafing and backwards motion. Try it out and see where it gets you.

strange_aeons

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Player Movement
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
thank you for suggesting that, i'll be trying it out this morning and see what i can do with it.