playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Word Game Kit  (Read 16743 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Playmaker Word Game Kit
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »

3DSauce proudly presents,

Playmaker Word Game Kit. Now available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

*Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. While clicking these links won't cost you any money, it will help us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

The Playmaker Word Game Kit has everything you need to create a compelling word search game using Playmaker. Chock-full of features, this package will quickly and efficiently give you a head start with your own word game project!

Unity 5 Ready!
*Requires Playmaker

Features:

1 - Find words diagonally, vertically and horizontally
2 - Intelligent automatic vowel distribution
3 - Easily design unique tile layouts
4 - Assign unique point values to each letter
5 - Minimum word length option
6 - Harness score multipliers
7 - Quick letter shuffle system with score penalty
8 - Makes extensive use of ArrayMaker
9 - Takes advantage of HOTween performance
10 - Fun Ascending and Descending tile drag sounds
11 - Visual easing of point and time values
12 - Simple automated countdown clock
13 - Scroll through all words and visualize their point values on game over screen
14 - Basic touch controls built in

<< DEMO >>

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or post requests in this thread.
You can also check out our unity forums thread.

Thank you all for your support! Please remember to leave a rating and review if you want to encourage updates and new kits!

This kit also comes bundled as part of the Playmaker Essentials Pack, a complete collection of our most popular Playmaker game templates!
Available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:59:38 AM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Playmaker Word Game Kit [NEW!]
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »
The kit is now available on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »
I've just submitted an update with support for English, French, Spanish, Italian and German dictionaries. Support for special characters has also been implemented.

Be sure to pick the kit up at it's current price as it will be going back up to regular price when the update is accepted!

jongkook

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »
 ;D Wonderful Asset.
Please also created 'Endless runner kit'.
I want to make games like 'subway surfers App'.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
@jongkook Thanks, I am glad you like the kit. It is funny that you mention an endless runner kit because I have that very kit almost completed! You can check out a little preview in the work in progress section: (http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9678.0)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
The Unity 5 update is now available! You can find it on the Unity Asset Store and 3DSauce.com

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
This kit is the current Unity Asset Store 24 hour deal. If you've been thinking of picking this up, now is the perfect time!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:15:25 AM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Playmaker Word Game Kit
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Huge thanks to everyone who has made this kit such a success!

I would like to know if there is enough interest to make converting the entire legacy kit to the newer uGUI worthwhile. Anyone have thoughts on this?

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »
 ;) I'm all for it.... No specific thoughts, but lots of encouragement.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
Quick update guys. If you are using more than one scene in your word game, you are going to run into a serious game breaking issue. Upon loading a second puzzle scene, you'll notice the following error message in your console;

"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Transform' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."

You'll then notice that all of your HOTweens are broken. It appears that HOTweens stay in memory when changing scenes, and this can cause all sorts of problems.

Luckily, there is an extremely simple fix for anyone who experiences this. Simply use a "Hotween Kill" action before each load level action.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:43:55 AM by Graham »

luschie

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 08:03:36 AM »
Huge thanks to everyone who has made this kit such a success!

I would like to know if there is enough interest to make converting the entire legacy kit to the newer uGUI worthwhile. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I would really like to see that! :)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Playmaker Word Game Kit [WEEKEND SALE!]
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
From now until September 22nd, get 25% OFF when you purchase the Playmaker Word Game Kit. Simply enter coupon code "PLAYTIME25" during checkout and enjoy the savings!

Rebate also applies to any of our other popular Playmaker products!

Playmaker Essentials Pack! Get all of our templates bundled and save even more!

Blackjack Kit

Flappy Bird Kit

Platforming Starter Kit

3D Infinite Runner

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [40% Off] Playmaker Word Game Kit
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »

Word Game template for Playmaker is Unity 2017 ready, which now makes this word week!

To celebrate, we're offering 40% off when you purchase the Playmaker Word Game template on our website.
 (http://3dsauce.com/release/wordgame/)

Happy wording!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »
IMPORTANT information regarding all 3D Sauce templates!

If anyone is running into FSM or build errors, there are a few simple steps to follow that will remedy these issues until I've had time to update the packages.

Simply open all affected scenes and re-save them individually. This should fix any issues you are experiencing after updating to the latest version of any 3D Sauce template and Playmaker.

Thanks for you patience. Please don't hesitate to report any additional issues that may arise.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 03:46:10 PM »
The Unity 2018 / Playmaker 1.9.0 support update is available now on the Unity Asset Store!

Installation issues have been resolved.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:54:07 PM by Graham »