playMaker

Author Topic: Menu pause popup[solved]  (Read 2611 times)

wheretheidivides

Menu pause popup[solved]
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »
Anyone know of a good menu popup to pause the game, slide the sound effects/music up or down and exit to main menu?  Prefer ui (ugui) with playmaker support.  I've been looking in the asset store for one but have not found an.

or
I could get a Ui pack from the asset store so if someone could point me to a tutorial to make the slider work (setting volume), pausing and such.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14939
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:25:25 PM by wheretheidivides »

coffeeANDsoda

Re: Menu pause popup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:54 AM »
Like to know creating a pop up menu is done too.

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:29 AM »
Well, I can sort of do it.  I have a canvas with buttons, text and sliders on it.  When your press the button, it pops up with time scale 0 (not really a pause but I'll fix that).  This is just activating the Ui canvas and setting time scale to 0.  Then when pressing the button it deactivates the menu and puts time scale to 1.

I just don't know how to use the slider bar to set the music volume.  I'm using master audio which has settings.  It's using the slider part I don't know how to do.

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
So I basically figured it out.  You have to attach a uguicomponent script to the slider and then set up a variable and change it's input.  I do see the float number changing I the inspecter, so not I have to figure out how to use that to st the volume. I'll figure it out.

coffeeANDsoda

Re: Menu pause popup[solved]
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »
So what you are saying is that there isn't a way to do this natively with playmaker?