playMaker

Author Topic: Help with Mecanim  (Read 1565 times)

Richardm1985

• Playmaker Newbie
Help with Mecanim
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:17:30 AM »
Guys (the playmaker community please) I need help figuring out Playmaker and Mecanim.

Going off the demo scenes, in particular "Animator Controller Playmaker", there is a movement FSM. Inside is a bunch of actions, in particular there is NO "Get Axis Vector" but the character moves forward...when I apply the exact same details to my character as per the demo, my character walks (never runs...I don't know how to increase the speed from further past 1) on the spot, never moving forward or left or right.

Can ANYONE please help?

Just a tip or two on how you got your mecanim + playmaker working

DuaneDog

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Help with Mecanim
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:29:52 AM »
I would like to second this request. Firing off states in mecanim from playmaker for example. I've seen examples on how to sync mecanim to playmaker states. There are examples on how to call legacy animation clips. But I don't see actions specifically to fire off states in mecanim animation controllers directly from Playmaker.

That said, I know how to work around this with other tools... I'm just hoping we can get some advice on some 'best practices' on integrating mecanim with playmaker and what resources maybe available.

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
Re: Help with Mecanim
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:32 AM »
try ANIMATOR CROSS FADE and call the Mechanim states by name.