playMaker

Author Topic: Change Mecanim States with Playmaker  (Read 3144 times)

jessekirbs

• Playmaker Newbie
Change Mecanim States with Playmaker
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to control Mecanim with Playmaker. Specifically, I'd like an object's Mecanim state to activate when the player walks through a trigger. What Playmaker actions do I use for this? I've searched around but can't seem to find the answer. Thanks in advance!

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Change Mecanim States with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:41 AM »

jessekirbs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »
LampRabbit,

I do, I'm just having a hard time finding documentation on their implementation. Could you point me in the right direction? I don't really understand which one activates a new Mecanim state. Thank you.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
Mecanim decides what state it should be in, you should manipulate the Mecanim Parameters like Bool, Float, Trigger, etc from PlayMaker so that Mecanim will see the changes and fire appropriate transitions that you have setup inside that controller, moving it to another state.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kavery

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
How cool would it be though if you could navigate mecanim states just by mirroring what state you're in on any given FSM. Just like how state synchronization works but the other way around. I know you can achieve the same thing with parameters, but this would be a nice clean way to dictate transitions, with less setup and potential for variables clashing.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 01:19:11 AM »
Hi,

There is possibly a solution, I haven't tested it and the answers apparently isn't complete, but I could give it a go sometime.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/808676/getting-a-mecanim-state-and-change-its-clip.html

Please bump me towards the end of the month, I'll try to have a look.

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 01:39:23 AM »
How cool would it be though if you could navigate mecanim states just by mirroring what state you're in on any given FSM. Just like how state synchronization works but the other way around. I know you can achieve the same thing with parameters, but this would be a nice clean way to dictate transitions, with less setup and potential for variables clashing.

Hi,
that would be very great indeed!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »
Hi,

I think you will be missing the state transitions tho, which really is what makes Mecanim a better solution than conventional animation management.

Bye,

Jean