playMaker

Author Topic: Objects not colliding  (Read 2032 times)

EpicChowder 619

• Playmaker Newbie
Objects not colliding
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
Ive got two levels in a simple, top down, maze/puzzle game and my player cube and enemy cubes are having trouble getting together, literally. In one level the two collide but don't physically touch each other. In another, the enemy does collide with the player but does not restart the level. I've set it up that if it collides with anything tagged 'Player', it restarts the level but every time the two collide, it is still stuck on the previous state.

P.S. states are linked by transitions.

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Objects not colliding
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »
Have they both got rigid bodies and is one set as a trigger?

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
are you using collide event or trigger event?

If you are using trigger event, then the object that is looking for a "trigger enter" needs a collider, and the object it is looking to collide with needs a rigidbody and also a collider.

Double check your objects layers, tags and names :)
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

EpicChowder 619

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 05:39:11 AM »
The first problem is now fixed. The second one, the one where they collide and don't do anything is still not fixed. The enemy now passes through the player whether or not it is set as a trigger. It has a collider and is set to restart the level when colliding with the player, (which is tagged as Player), but it just passes through it.

EpicChowder 619

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 05:52:39 AM »
Also, i have colored cubes that need to be pushed onto colored pads to make areas of the maze open up. But they are completely static at the moment, unable to be pushed. Any ideas for this?