playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Example requested  (Read 1602 times)

weilies

• Junior Playmaker
Photon Example requested
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »
I would like to create a simple rock paper scissor unity+playmaker + photon game.
But I have no idea how to begin with, the photon example I found in PM site, is more like a chat room from my understanding.

For a 2 players online game, does it mean I have to create a room with only TWO online player?

Kindly provide some pointers :)

A working example would be appreciated

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Example requested
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
Hi,

Yep, and also demonstrate how to work with prefabs and players.

Typically, I am working currently on porting Photon turnbase solution to PlayMaker, this is an on going project and I would say this will be more suitable than photon as is for your need.

Please subscribe to this github project to watch out when it will become available ( it's using PlayMaker beta, so not for reguler users currently).

However, using Photon as is, you can do it ALL using the chat system, a chat is a way to communite, like any other mean, and simply bend the rule and don't use this chat channel to let users communicate via regular chat api but instead use it as a way for each user to know when a game start, know what is their choice, and it will work just fine.

typicall, if the master is sending "GAME START" via the chat channel, all other players can catch this and show to the user that the game starts,

then your master wait for each player its choices, and only then distribute it back to everyone showing the winner as well.

so User one would send "Scissor", the master would catch it and wait for others, and only send "GAME DONE" when all player made their choices.

Do you see where I am going with this? use the chat, but use it under the hood, not displaying a regualr chat interface and instead the game interface, and use the chat content as "keywords".

Does that make sense? Don't overthink this, you have everything provided to achiev this game.

you can also go further and use the rcp event actions to send actual FSM events, which is even better, then bending the chat system.

Bye,

Jean