playMaker

Author Topic: How to Share Playmaker Projects  (Read 57136 times)

Lucielu

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to Share Playmaker Projects
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 04:39:22 PM »
Thx for this. I needed this and the explanation is great. Thanks for sharing

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2023, 09:00:18 AM »
We're a two-person team who's been using PlayMaker in our project until now with two licenses. However, we're adding some additional collaborators to our project who will not be using PlayMaker, but need to be able to use Play Mode and have all of our scripts still compile.

We have a private repository and we want to allow our new collaborators access to this repository without sharing the various PlayMaker files that they shouldn't have access to because they don't have a license. We've set up our ignore file in accordance with some other posts we found (mostly this one: https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=18518.0) and attempted to import the preview package, but that doesn't seem to result in anything being picked up by our version control system and our collaborators end up with a bunch of scripts that won't compile (referencing various PlayMaker things) and unable to play the game.

Do you have any additional guidance for how to work in a private repository where only the members actively using PlayMaker tooling will have licenses and therefore access to edit PlayMaker things, whereas others without a license could still work in the project without access to license-required PlayMaker files?

Thanks!
Did you solve that? I think that’s most probably the usual case when working in a team and would be good to know what to do here.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2023, 08:14:20 AM »
Hi.
I think as long as you use a private repository its ok not to remove PM