playMaker

Author Topic: How to Share Playmaker Projects  (Read 57153 times)

akaravias

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to Share Playmaker Projects
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »
When i am going to Assets > Export Package, i am not seeing the following:

Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditor.dll

Any ideas?  The top most folder that i see is "Gizmos"...

It looks like this process may have changed in more recent updates as this thread is quite old now.  If anyone could provide detailed steps on how to export/share a project with a different machine that would be very helpful.  I want to be able to work on my home project on my work pc. 

Also any steps on how to use the preview version would also be handy.  I have seen some references about importing a Preview version but have no idea how to go about this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:30:01 PM by akaravias »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »
Hi,

The best is to use an online repository system like github or bitbucket, and then you can push and pull from any computers ( use source tree client app for ease).

If you are not sharing this package, you can include everything, not problem, else indeed you need to remove the dll, they are inside the plugins folder.

Bye,

Jean

akaravias

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
Thanks very much!

Do i also need to de-select the .dll.mdb file?

Also, do you know much about using a Preview version of Playmaker?  On machines which do not have a license?

Thanks again.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 03:48:36 AM »
Hi,

just the dll will be fine, but you simplu uncheck the whole PlayMaker Plugin folder.

also, be careful to also not include the installer packages featured inside Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install

Bye,

Jean

hx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 06:35:31 AM »
Hi guys,
can i share the playmaker project without playmaker installed?
here is the issue: i am working with playmaker, and i want to share the playmaker project to the other. but the other doesnt have playmaker installed, he works with scripts. can i convert playmaker project as script project to him so that he can use that?
ps. he doesnt need to modify the playmaker project.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
Hi.
Sorry but Playmaker can not be to scripts.

hx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
Hi.
Sorry but Playmaker can not be to scripts.

Hi thank your for your reply. so if i work with playmaker, and the other works with scripts, the other should have playmaker installed firstly, so he can open my project and edit it in scripts, right? would you recommand that? would the performance be kind of worse with that?

thanks in advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 02:07:50 AM »
Hi,

Yes, If your project uses PlayMaker, then it must be inside the Project Assets, regardless of who is working with it or if you work as a team.

Performances are not affected, Projects can be a mix of PlayMaker and scripts, it's totally fine and actually recommanded and totally supported out of the box. You use PlayMaker as much or as little as you wish.

Bye,

Jean

plenoal15

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
Hello, i am begginer. I do not understand this post. If I want to publish my game on Steam, do I have to do what appears in this post? Thank you.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
No. This is just if you want to share the source project.

heavygunner

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 11:14:52 PM »
Hi !

I wanna share this project on Youtube. Now, before exporting unitypackagae, I have to delete Version folder & Install folder only right?

No need to remove playmaker.dll & playmakereditor.dll right?

Thank you.

heavygunner

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:33 AM »
Hi !

I wanna share this project on Youtube. Now, before exporting unitypackagae, I have to delete Version folder & Install folder only right?

No need to remove playmaker.dll & playmakereditor.dll right?

Thank you.
I did it.
Once Installed Preview version, I deleted Versions folder & Install folder. Then, opened that as new folder. I see preview version only. When I hit Install Playmaker, It said Coulnd't Install or something. it is working :)

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
I'm working on sharing a bunch of playmaker projects with my YouTube audience and I'm wanting to do it right. Here is my assumed process from reading this thread, I go to Assets>Export then uncheck:

Playmaker/Editor/Installs
Playmaker/Versions/PlaymakerDefault.unitypackage
Plugins/Playmaker

This will export a playmaker project that will not run on other peoples computers unless they also have Playmaker or Playmaker Preview installed? I want to include PlaymakerPreview.unitypackage so someone can install it and run the project.

Is there a way to send the exported package with the PlaymakerPreview installed so it will work out of the box in anyones project?

If imported into an existing project it will not overwrite anything existing FSM's right?

Thanks again for any assistance awesome PM community!
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 01:27:55 AM »
Hi,

no you need to do this slightly differently.

- delete the playmakerEditor.dll ( else importing preview fails for some reasons)
 - import the playmaker preview package

- uncheck the install  folder during export
 - uncheck the version folder during export

then that should be ok. you can run it by me, send me a package, and I'll double check it's all good.

Bye,

Jean

OnyxCauseway

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »
We're a two-person team who's been using PlayMaker in our project until now with two licenses. However, we're adding some additional collaborators to our project who will not be using PlayMaker, but need to be able to use Play Mode and have all of our scripts still compile.

We have a private repository and we want to allow our new collaborators access to this repository without sharing the various PlayMaker files that they shouldn't have access to because they don't have a license. We've set up our ignore file in accordance with some other posts we found (mostly this one: https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=18518.0) and attempted to import the preview package, but that doesn't seem to result in anything being picked up by our version control system and our collaborators end up with a bunch of scripts that won't compile (referencing various PlayMaker things) and unable to play the game.

Do you have any additional guidance for how to work in a private repository where only the members actively using PlayMaker tooling will have licenses and therefore access to edit PlayMaker things, whereas others without a license could still work in the project without access to license-required PlayMaker files?

Thanks!