playMaker

Author Topic: String Switch (No else)  (Read 2716 times)

wheretheidivides

String Switch (No else)
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
In the 'string switch' there is no option for if 'no match'.  So it goes thought the list and the string is not there, there is no 'else'.  this should be added.

Without a 'else' this is not very usefull.  Once added, you can compare to a series of things and if none are matched, have a default transition to go to.  An example is I am trying to map a joystick to keys.  the player can select anything, but I want to limit it to letters and numbers (this is just an example).  I could put in the letters and number and if he selected something else, the 'else' would be triggered.  Then I could tell him to select another key.

ALSO:  the 'int switch' and other switches should have an 'else' in them as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:22:11 PM by wheretheidivides »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: String Switch (No else)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:19:19 PM »
i have edited and renamed the string switch, but did not have much time to test it but i think its ok. can you test it out more for me :)

if it works let me know and i will edit int switch and other switches also.

And add them to the ecosystem until they can be updated on the default actions.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:21:13 PM by djaydino »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: String Switch (No else)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 04:30:53 AM »
Hi,

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=10037.0

Basically, an else is achieve with a new action after the switch, it's very easy to implement already with the current switch actions ( or any other actions doing similar transitions).

Bye,

Jean