playMaker

Author Topic: Build Errors: Namespace Photon does not exist in the namespace ExitGames.Client  (Read 5614 times)

cspeer504

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity: 4.6.3
Playmaker: 1.7.7 f6

I'm imported the 1.7.7 f6 version of Playmaker to an empty/new project. Uploaded this to a git repository (bitbucket). I have this repository registered with Unity Cloud Build so it auto builds. The build failed and gave me 7 errors explaining:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(11,24): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Photon' does not exist in the namespace `ExitGames.Client'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

This is only an example from one file, as I get this error for six more files. I found this odd because I do not get this error in my local project. So I cloned the repo to a different spot on my drive and opened a new Unity project on the tip of the depot. I now see the same 7 "namespace does not exist" errors. I re-imported Playmaker on top of itself, and the errors went away. This would be ok normally, but I would really like to utilize Unity Cloud Build and, right now, my build will always fail. I can probably just remove all traces of Photon code from playmaker, but I would like to leave it there if possible. Has anyone found a way around getting these errors?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Odd. Haven't tried the cloud Build, so maybe something isn't behaving exactly like how it does locally.

Have you asked on Exitgames forum? and Unity Cloud guys?

however, if you are not using Photon, delete it, it's really not necessary to keep something you don't need.

Bye,

Jean

cspeer504

• Playmaker Newbie
No I didn't start with them. I'll try Exitgames, I just figured since this is ultimately the Playmaker pack it would be best to try here first. Nothing is wrong with Unity Cloud though, because I get the errors when I pull the same project down from a repo I just published to. Though, there are ignores with that project (like any other Unity ignores for VC). Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!  :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

yes, it's ok to go via this forum. But on this case, I think it's best to ask on their forum, as I haven't encountered this.

Maybe you can reference the thread on exitgames forum for others to benefit here.

Bye,

Jean