playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker finding errors in depreciated prefabs  (Read 2148 times)

mweyna

Playmaker finding errors in depreciated prefabs
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:26:55 AM »
So throughout the history of my project, I at time have made objects prefabs only to realize they shouldn't or didn't need to be. Then using the built-in unity "BREAK PREFAB INSTANCE" option altered them so they were scene-dependent objects only. Then deleted the pre-fab from my files. However, I've noticed that my Playmaker Error Checking is still reporting errors for the Pre-fab version of that object despite no pre-fab object existing what-so-ever. Why is this happening and how do I clean it up?

mweyna

Re: Playmaker finding errors in depreciated prefabs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:27:04 AM »
Anyone have any thoughts?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »
There is some weirdness with how this works in Unity, if the scene object titles are red then its still looking for a prefab reference but can't find it. I guess there can be some leftovers from this on Playmaker's end. I haven't noticed it myself. Do you have a repro project for it?

I can think of a few little quirks that might be related, but its all 1.8 beta stuff and related to upgrading the FSMs from 1.7.x.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

mweyna

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 01:00:29 AM »
Is there a singular file where these errors are stored or is always generated on the fly? Just wondering if there's some hidden meta data somewhere.

mweyna

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
Bump?