playMaker

Author Topic: Editor windows greyed out [Solved]  (Read 2165 times)

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Editor windows greyed out [Solved]
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »
When creating a new project, all of the Editor Windows under the PlayMaker menu are greyed out.  I've read through similar problems and have tried the following:

Window layouts have been reverted to factory settings.
Restarted Unity.
Rebooted computer.
Created a new project.
Thorough uninstall (deleting leftover folders and registry) and re-install of Unity.

Being a new project, there are no errors in the console.

This is with Unity 4.6.2f1 and PlayMaker 1.7.7.f6.  I also tried the new Unity 4.6.3f1 with the same results.

Does anyone know how I might fix this?  I can't use PlayMaker at all.  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:24:05 PM by Tricky_Widget »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Editor windows greyed out
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
Are you able to open the main PlayMaker Editor? The Editor Windows in the sub menu are child windows, and are greyed out if the main window is not open...

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
This happens a lot when you install a new version of unity.  there are many threads to this.  One is try opening up the asset store, downloading and importing something.  From what I remember this fixed it for me.  What happens is all of a sudden, the menus appear out of nowhere.

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »
Are you able to open the main PlayMaker Editor? The Editor Windows in the sub menu are child windows, and are greyed out if the main window is not open...

Ah, that's it!  Such a simple thing.  I was looking for the PlayMaker Editor under Editor Windows, but since they were greyed out I assumed I couldn't get to it along with the rest of them.  I entirely failed to notice that PlayMaker Editor has its own entry in the main menu.  Thanks so much!