playMaker

Author Topic: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker  (Read 37199 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [NEW!]
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip Jean, where can I find the preview version?
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

MarNee

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [NEW!]
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Hi, I just bought your essentials pack and it is really great so far! I'm running into a little trouble with the 3d runner though.

When I create new curve materials, everything is working when I add my own textures to the existing materials. But If I create a new material and set the curve shader like it says to do in the guide, my objects are just randomly offside in the scene.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »
MarNee,

If you are referring to the scene view, this is normal behavior. The scene view camera also dictates the vertex positioning of the shader. I usually set the shader to a standard unlit while I'm working on the scene, and then back to curved before I publish or play the game. If you still have problems, let me know.

If you are seeing this behavior in play mode, you may want to try the following:

In the TrackCurveManager "Curve World" FSM, expand the Translate state. In each of your additional "Set Material Vector2 Floats" actions, you simply have to place a checkmarks on each action's "Every Frame" to enable a constant update of the material curve.

If you are still having trouble let me know.

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
From now until September 22nd, get 25% OFF when you purchase the 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker. Simply enter coupon code "PLAYTIME25" during checkout and enjoy the savings!

Rebate also applies to any of our other popular Playmaker products!

Playmaker Essentials Pack! Get all of our templates bundled and save even more!

Platforming Starter Kit

Flappy Bird Kit

Word Game Kit

Blackjack Kit

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

From now to December 1st, take 50% off any order on 3DSauce.com! Use coupon code "black50" during checkout.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [BLACK FRIDAY SALE!]
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
Thanks to Mekan35 for pointing out this issue.

In the current version of the kit, using continue keys will result in the world curves not updating until actually pressing retry.

To remedy this go to the "Button_ForgiveKey" gameobject, in the "Resume" state of the Button Retry FSM add a "send event by name" action. As seen in the attached screenshot, point it to the "TrackCurveManager" gameobject / "Curve World" FSM / Send event "Go"

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »
Version 1.3 is now live on the Unity Asset Store!

Bug Fixes:
- Coin pickup sound now works properly in Unity 5.
- Using continue keys now properly updates the world curve logic.
- Fixed delay on pickups introduced in Unity 5.3.1f1.
- Fixed missing variable error introduced in Playmaker 1.8.0f43
- Resolved "Invalid AABB" error introduced in Unity 5.3.1f1

Changes:
- API updater no longer required to run after importing additional package in Unity 5.
- Playmaker globals now import as intended in Unity 5.
- Cleaned up animator tree.
- Removed missing scene from build settings.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [UPDATED!]
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
v1.4 is now live. This update implements one of the most requested features, simple character switching at runtime!

- Added runtime character swap example.
- Added "Dark Metal" character skin.
- Fixed "Animator is not playing a Playable" console warning spam when switching player model.
- Y Velocity is no longer updated when game is idle or in menu.
- Updated documentation.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:56:35 PM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [24 Hour Sale!] 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [UPDATED!]
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
Great news! This kit has been selected for today's 24 hour deal on the Unity Asset Store. If you've been waiting to make your own 3D Endless Runner game, now is the time to get 35% Off!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31139

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: [24 Hour Sale!] 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [UPDATED!]
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »
Thanks to everyone who made yesterday's 24 hour sale a huge success! To celebrate, we've decided to extend the sale through this weekend and it now also covers our entire product library!

Simply enter coupon code "cool35" during checkout to receive an instant 35% rebate off your entire order on  3DSauce.com!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:35:20 AM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker [UPDATED!]
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
3D Infinite Runner template for Playmaker is now Unity 2017 ready, which now makes this runner week!

To celebrate, we're offering 40% off when you purchase the 3D Infinite Runner for Playmaker template on our website.
 (http://3dsauce.com/release/runner3d/)

Happy Running!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:43:49 PM by Graham »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »
Important bug fix:

Since animator actions are now included with Playmaker by default, the actions included with this template will cause conflicts. If you are running into errors relating to the animator actions, you can easily fix this manually until I am able to include the changes in the next update.

You will have to manually delete the "Playmaker Animator" folder from the root Asset directory, and then re-import Playmaker.

If anyone is having trouble, don't hesitate to contact me.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 10:13:29 AM »
IMPORTANT information regarding all 3D Sauce templates!

If anyone is running into FSM or build errors, there are a few simple steps to follow that will remedy these issues until I've had time to update the packages.

Simply open all affected scenes and re-save them individually. This should fix any issues you are experiencing after updating to the latest version of any 3D Sauce template and Playmaker.

Thanks for you patience. Please don't hesitate to report any additional issues that may arise.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »
3D Infinite Runner is currently 30% off! Take advantage of the Unity Asset Store madness sale until May 11.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/31139?aid=1101lGst

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 05:55:10 PM »
IMPORTANT information regarding this template and Playmaker 1.9.0!

If you are using the latest version of Playmaker, there are a few extra steps that you will have to take to get the Runner kit working. Otherwise you will run into console errors.

Please follow these simple steps until I've had time to update the documentation.

1. Import the Unity package I attached to this post and replace the two errant scripts in your project. This will fix the following error.

"Assets/PlayMaker HOTween/Plugins/PlayMakerHOTweenUtils.cs(28,9): error CS0104: `LoopType' is an ambiguous reference between `Holoville.HOTween.LoopType' and `HutongGames.PlayMaker.LoopType'"

2. iTween is no longer included with Playmaker, so you'll have to install iTween from the Asset Store manually. Once you've done so, move on to the third step.

3. Go to the Playmaker / Welcome Screen menu in Unity. Press addons, and then press the import button beside "iTween Support."

Thanks for your patience!