playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5 : u gui on button event  (Read 5405 times)

wheretheidivides

Unity 5 : u gui on button event
« on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:30 AM »
It seems as if this action does not work the same after going to unity 5.  before upgrading it worked fine. Now, it seems like it just goes right past it.  If you look at the picture you will see that it is supposed to wait for the button click to go forward.  However it does not.  It just goes to the next state automatically.  I have not fully debugged this error but I know there is one.  I tried deleting the state and making a new one but the same thing.

So in the picture you see that once the object is activated, it is supposed to wait for a button click "fire-3' or 'V'.  Once that happens, it is supposed to go to the next state.  After upgrading to Unity 5 it no longer does this.  It just right to the next state.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:55:06 AM by wheretheidivides »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Unity 5 : u gui on button event
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:16:05 AM »
Hi,

Good catch.

I have updated the actions ( all actions related to event callbacks), simply get them again via the Ecosystem.

Note:

You should never use the "FINISH" event manually or as a transition of an action, the "FINISH" event is fired by PlayMaker system itself when a state has finished all its actions.

Instead create a new event "ON CLICK" or something and use that event in the action, then it should definitly work.

This is true for EVERY system events ( the one you'll find in the System category for events).

I have mentionned this before, and I think it should be checked and warn users when they use system events in actions, because it will always lead to this kind of issues.

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
I re-downloaded the action and changed the 'finished' to 'GotoNextEvent'.  It seems to work now.  (BTW:  if 'finished' is not OK, then somehow the action should not allow it.  Once you run it, they seem to work so you would think they are OK.  I'll just make up some name for name on).
Thanks.

======================
"I have updated the actions ( all actions related to event callbacks), simply get them again via the Ecosystem."

Which ones?  How do I know which ones to re-download?  On the ecosystem they say they are downloaded but do have say they have been updated.  So it seems like you have to know which ones, delete them and re-download.
===============================
"This is true for EVERY system events ( the one you'll find in the System category for events)."

Where is the system events list?  Using the action browser I do not see it.  Now typing in 'event' came up with around 30 actions.  So which ones did you change?  A list would be good so we can delete the old ones and re-download the updated ones.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:29:23 PM by wheretheidivides »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 02:10:46 AM »
Hi,

For this, I have planned to implement a versioning system built in the ecosystem that will prompt you about actions that have been updated.

Meanwhile: please register to the various github repositories, you'll get notified for each commits, which will tell you exactly what changed.

typically, look at this commit.

you can register via rss ( if you are using netvibes or other rss feed systems) or be notified by email.

Bye,

Jean

wheretheidivides

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:36 AM »
"Meanwhile: please register to the various github repositories, you'll get notified for each commits, which will tell you exactly what changed."

and how do you do this?  I am not familiar with repositories (other than those you put in your butt).  I did check it out but how do you download the action?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:04:02 AM by wheretheidivides »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 03:08:43 PM »
Hi,

You download actions from these repositories via the Ecosystem browser. that's the best way, cause it's going to download it AND install it in your project in one click. Else you need to download the file ( click on the "raw" button to download a file from github), and then manually move it or copy it from your download folder to your project, too many steps for me afaik :)

Then, to register for notifications, simply create an account on github and then you can "watch" any repositories you want and you'll receive emails. OR you can simply click on the rss links and then use your favorite rss reader to consume information. I use Netvibes, and I can't do without, I have set it up so that Ic an Unity news, Asset store news, PlayMaker forum news, and all the various blog and site news revolving around Unity. I also use it for watching my google analytics on various sites, including ecosystem traffic ( >30K access since the launch in april 2014).

I do plan to include a news feed system built in the Ecosystem, using either rss or twitter, but the added work did not catch with my day. I started an rss feed, but I need to find an automated way to generate content, cause it's too much for me to commit, then post on the forum, then make an rss entry.. I am not really diving into these social tools so well on that regard...

I saw you forked the UI rep. It's only a good idea if you are going to submit and edit content for fixing bugs or providing new actions or samples, else it's really a place for the ecosystem to search and serve content, that is don't fork this rep and start a project based on this, that's not going to work out.

however, I STRONGLY advise you use github for EVERY project you do, you can have privte rep that only you or collaborators have access too, and then it becomes completly stress free to upgrade and revert if it doesn't work out or make brancjes for new features and then merge them when it's done and tested. etc etc.

Bye,

Jean