playMaker

Author Topic: Usig uGUI to match all screen size available  (Read 2794 times)

MU65

• Playmaker Newbie
Usig uGUI to match all screen size available
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
Hi,

Here is y problem... I'd like to find a way to use uGUI (which is cool) and be able to have the same result on any screen, on any device...
When looking at Android device, there are un bunch of screen size and when I test it I found myself force to test my text on every possible screen size... and my screen is not that big (today devices screen size go up to 2560X1600).

I found a way by building my text from sprite letters.... no need to say that it is a pain in the ...s to write all I have to write in different languages. But it works and in one go I have the same feel on any screen size...

I also don't want to load too many pictures in my project...in a first game I made (Piggy Bank found on the Play Store), I used text panel, but I'm not too pleased with the result and uGUI is so interesting...

Well if anybody have any idea...that will work with PM without any coding involve of course :)...

Have all a nice time

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Usig uGUI to match all screen size available
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:23:28 AM »
Hi,

the new UI system is meant to work and provide all this for you. you'll need to learn and experiment with this.  between physical pixel size, ratios, and other various properties, you'll be able to do it, without any code. but again, it's complex and you'll need to document yourself from Unity doc and watch the unity learn videos on how to work with the new UI system)

Bye,

Jean