playMaker

Author Topic: "Get Key Down" having no effect?  (Read 3137 times)

DaPixelWizard

• Playmaker Newbie
"Get Key Down" having no effect?
« on: May 03, 2015, 10:15:19 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the whole programming side of game creation and my brain hasn't quite adjusted yet to the way you have to think to make things work. Anyway, I had been following this tutorial (that should start playing near where I'm having trouble), and I had gotten a few episodes in, and I had player movement, jumping, and animations for all those things working in my game, but then I realized that the "Get Key Down" state didn't affect which buttons you used to play the game. They use a/d and left arrow and right arrow by default, no matter what I changed the keys to. Even if I disabled the "Get Key Down" state, it's still being controlled by a/d and arrow keys. I assume I'm making a noob mistake, but I have a fealing the guy in the tutorial may be thinking that the state is doing something but it's actually not. If that's the case, how do I change the keys to something besides a/d and arrow keys?

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
Re: "Get Key Down" having no effect?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
Hi DaPixelWizard

On unity, go into "edit / Project Setting / Input".
It will make you apear all the inputs currently set for your scene.
Here, you can add, remove, or change any input.
If you want to know what are the codes of special buttons, just go to the unity website http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-InputManager.html

Also don't forget that in the "get input" action of playmaker, you need to put the name you gave to this input in the input setting, not the name of the actual button on your keyboard.

Hope that'll help, and have a good day!

DaPixelWizard

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: "Get Key Down" having no effect?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 06:38:16 PM »
Hi DaPixelWizard

On unity, go into "edit / Project Setting / Input".
It will make you apear all the inputs currently set for your scene.
Here, you can add, remove, or change any input.
If you want to know what are the codes of special buttons, just go to the unity website http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-InputManager.html

Also don't forget that in the "get input" action of playmaker, you need to put the name you gave to this input in the input setting, not the name of the actual button on your keyboard.

Hope that'll help, and have a good day!

Oh ok. I see how it works now. Thanks