playMaker

Author Topic: IK Set Animator Look At  (Read 5536 times)

Splankton

IK Set Animator Look At
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:24:26 AM »
Im using Unity5, can someone confirm Set Animator Look At works?
I have the PlayMakerAnimatorProxy component, I get this error

Setting and getting IK Goals should only be done in OnAnimatorIK or OnStateIK
UnityEngine.Animator:SetLookAtPosition(Vector3)

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: IK Set Animator Look At
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 12:58:11 PM »
I just used it yesterday and it worked fine- I got some prompt that showed up in red on the action- I just clicked it and all was fine
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

Splankton

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
I just used it yesterday and it worked fine- I got some prompt that showed up in red on the action- I just clicked it and all was fine

Hi, nope still not working for me.  I have tried the Unity 5 mecanim actions and 4.6.1 actions.  Still get that error.  It compiles ok, but the animator look.at action has no effect at all.
The action help says - An Animator component and a PlayMakerAnimatorProxy component are required
I have PlaymakerAnimatorIKproxy and PlaymakerAnimatorMoveProxy.  But no PlayMakerAnimatorProxy.

Jean, is this a known problem or am I missing something?
Thanks

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »
Did you try deleting and re-installing the animator actions? Sometimes that fixes errors- Here's a short video tutorial on using Set Animator Look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLD7ZCoPAGA
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

JOHNMCLAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
Hey there,

I'm also encountering this error as well - Set Animator Look At has no effect and the console reads - Setting and getting IK Goals should only be done in OnAnimatorIK or OnStateIK.

I've deleted and re-installed the animator actions, but with no effect.

Judging by that error message and the actual script, it looks like the action is attempting to Set the LookAt IK on '.OnAnimatorMove()'...instead of '.OnAnimatorIK' or '.OnStateIK' --- .OnAnimatorMove was the pre-Unity 5 method.

I'm trying to reconfigure it myself but I've had no luck :/  Could any of the Playmaker guys help out? :) 

EDIT: A solution was posted here (2nd Last post) - http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=10177.msg49090#msg49090
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:17:36 PM by JOHNMCLAY »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 05:03:26 AM »
Hi,

It's done, updated and implemented this change. Let me know how it goes:

you can now download it directly from the Ecosystem as well

Bye,

Jean