playMaker

Author Topic: How to prevent my gameObject (child) from rotating with my GameObject (Parent)?  (Read 4157 times)

Grave_sts

• Playmaker Newbie
Hey all~

The title pretty much explains my problem, I do not want my child object to rotate when my parent object does :<

Is there a way to do this in playmaker?

Thanks in advance

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

The simple solution is to unparent the child you don't want to rotate, rotate the parent and then re attached the child.

If this is not possible ( for example, if the child need to move but not rotate), then, either you move the child to follow the parent, else, you apply a counter rotation to the child at the same time as you rotate the parent. So if you rotate by 10 degree on the x axis, rotate the child by -10 degree on the x Axis using the parent as reference.

Try the first and second solution, if you need a counter rotation, you'll need a custom action to expose rotateAround within playmaker. If you can't write the custom action yourself, le me know, and I'll do it.

Bye,

Jean

Grave_sts

• Playmaker Newbie
Oo thanks again Jean~ ^^

I cannot write a custom action by myself yet, still reaching that stage, hopefully some time soon ;)

>would greatly appreciate it if you could make one ^^

Thanks again~

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Here we go:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?board=19.0

Basically, rotate the parent, and use rotateAround on the child by the inverse amount and done.

I have attached a package doing just this.

Bye,

Jean

Grave_sts

• Playmaker Newbie
Thanks a lot~ :D

You are a legend :D