playMaker

Author Topic: Create Minecraft Prototype  (Read 3307 times)

miketolsa

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Just love playmaker !!!
    • 4Buffs Productions
Create Minecraft Prototype
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »
I have tried to create minecraft game using playmaker in unity

The problem I am facing is using mousepick & raycast I was able to create the block (aka prefab) on anywhere on the plane but the problem is when I try to create the second block on the previous created block it just get intersect or merge with the previous block ? so how to judge the surface or edge of the previous created block using raycast so that the new block doesn't get merge or intersect with the previous created block ?

do anyone have any solution for that ?

I have already read & tried http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2827.0

But some how its not working as expected !!!

So any help or a guide to proper code would help ......

;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:13:47 AM by miketolsa »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Create Minecraft Prototype
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »
Minecraft uses voxels. While they look like regular primitive cubes they are much different. Doing the same thing in Unity is no easy task. There are some voxel engines on the Unity Store but I don't know if they have Playmaker support, or if that would even make sense to have.

You could do something similar on a much smaller scale using Playmaker, but I don't think you would get the result that you are looking for. If this is your first attempt at making a game I would suggest doing something way simpler until you understand what you're undertaking with making something like Minecraft.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

dudebxl

Re: Create Minecraft Prototype
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
I saw a youtube tutorial video of some guy recreating minecraft in unity.. Do a search and you should find it..

Edit: find more info here :http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/2elhds/build_minecraft_in_unity_tutorial_for_beginner/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:09:08 PM by dudebxl »