playMaker

Author Topic: Help please, Unity crashing after upgrading Playmaker to 1.3  (Read 3030 times)

Red

Help please, Unity crashing after upgrading Playmaker to 1.3
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
can't get into the program at all, not even to change to a different project and only gives me the bug-report window each time i try.

and i've already tried uninstalling unity, rebooting and going with a fresh install.

both the new version of unity and the old one.

i've clicked on a different level in a different project through the explorer and only the projects that have been updated to playmaker 1.3 are affected.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:49:07 PM by Red »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Help please, Unity crashing after upgrading Playmaker to 1.3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:04 PM »
i've clicked on a different level in a different project through the explorer and only the projects that have been updated to playmaker 1.3 are affected.

So are you able to load Unity this way? And then it crashes when trying to load a project that you imported Playmaker 1.3 into?

If you can't get into Unity, try renaming the project that it's trying to load, and that should force Unity to show a choose project dialog.

Can you send me a project that crashes on load?

Red

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »
in the process of creating a new project and importing PM into it, it didn't seem to show the error (this morning)

tried by erasing the playmaker folder in the project with the error and it seems to work after redownloading and reimporting PM.

i would have seen about trying to send the one project that this happens in but it's well over 500 mbs of data (and what with megaupload being down, the only other way i knew of to share it would be email which that size is WAY to big or my website which has a limit of 100 mb space.)

i'll see about trying to recreate the bug... i THINK it had something to do with the DLL since when i was importing to the first one, it had one of those "can't do it, retry?" windows which i tried to get it to DL.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
It seems there is a bug in Unity 3.5 where updating a dll can cause the project to crash on load. Hopefully it will be fixed in 3.5.1.