playMaker

Author Topic: How to transfer ecosystem downloaded packages into another computer?  (Read 3104 times)

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
Hello,

I develop my project at a web offline computer. I download packages at an online computer but how can I transfer downloaded package to offline computer?

Where does ecosystem store downloaded packages?

Thanks...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to transfer ecosystem downloaded packages into another computer?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »
Hi,

the Ecosystem stores everything in your Assets Folder of the project you are in currently when browsing, there is no hidden library folder somewhere else unlike the AssetStore, so you are safe to simply copy your project, you'll get everything with it.

However, once offline, you can't get anything more than what you had downloaded, there is no "caching".

Is there any reasons why you don't want to be online when working with Unity? It seems odd.

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Hello and Thanks for the answer.

offline computer is for the safety and stability. I'm not developing a "Half-Life 2" but even beginners can hack into computers these days and as many of us are trying to develop so many others are trying to hack into others.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
Hi,

I would not bother with this. People hacking into Computers will certainly look for a lot more sensitive information than your Unity Projects...

Would you be surprised if I told you that offline computers aren't? from a hacker point of view, you can hack the wifi of a computer and get into this just as easily as if you were already connected, even if the computer or the OS thinks you are offline... Google for "Offline computer hacking"... and then you can "sadly" connect it back cause it doesn't really make any difference if someone really wants to hack your computer...

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
Thanks Jean; you are great, showing this much of interest.

None of my offline computers have wireless interface/device installed on them. I network offline-only computers with cable if I have to. I transfer files with usb stick between net and offline(which is the only vulnerability in the system.)

I admit there is nothing that valuable in my system, but I don't think anyone can hack into offline pcs wihtout breaking into my house.

I think, being "able" to work offline is important. I hope playmaker preserve this ability.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
Hi,

yes, totally, you can work offline with PlayMaker it's totally fine.

if you want, you can simply clone all the github reps for the ecosystem, and then you'll get pretty much everything you need, when offline. But the ecosystem would not work, you would need to search manually within these clones.

Bye,

Jean

edit - fixed link
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:17:12 PM by Lane »

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 07:43:17 PM »
Thanks Jean, I still couldn't make Datamaker projects build to windows phone, could it be the amd cpu? (since all of my cpu's are)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 01:28:33 AM »
Hi,

I'll try on my windows phone, and get back to you. What version of Unity are you using for this?

Bye,

Jean