playMaker

Author Topic: Add Force on iOS 64-bit  (Read 1254 times)

dreamingmethods

  • Playmaker Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:10:28 AM »
Hey. I wondered if anyone had come across a problem when deploying to iOS IL2CPP Universal with the Add Force action (with Force mode set to Force)?

I've built a crazy shopping cart racing game with bombs on the track, and Add Force works fine on ARMv7 but NOT AT ALL when I switch to IL2CPP! (Hence, my App Store submission is on hold)  ;D

Thanks in advance.

jeanfabre

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12351
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
Re: Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 02:49:53 AM »
Hi,

 Going through backlogs :)

 have you been able to sort this out?

 Bye,

 Jean

dreamingmethods

  • Playmaker Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »
Thank you Jean, for reply. Sadly no, I had to think of another way around this for the iOS release, which is now on the App Store (almost 100% Playmaker):

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game4health-fast-food/id1043925069?ls=1&mt=8

...however I have not yet tried upgrading/republishing with Unity 5.2 which I guess may make a difference... Other than that - no idea. Add Force works absolutely fine publishing to Android.

jeanfabre

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12351
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
Re: Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:05:41 PM »
Hi,

 I strongly doubt that there is anything wrong with the Addforce action, and I would think that something is behaving slightly different because of the logic implemented.

but I am glad you managed to find a workaround!

Bye,

 Jean

addonsolutions

  • Playmaker Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Web and Mobile App Development
    • View Profile
    • Mobile App Development Company
Re: Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 06:01:10 AM »
I firmly question that there is anything amiss with the Addforce activity, and I would imagine that something is acting somewhat diverse as a result of the rationale executed.

be that as it may, I am happy you figured out how to discover a workaround!

jeanfabre

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12351
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
Re: Add Force on iOS 64-bit
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
Hi,

 I would do the following to lift any assumptions, cause indeed, anything is possible with softwares... :)

 build a minimal project which shows this issue on a simple cube, with a simple add force, that when published differently behaves differently.

If indeed we can repro this, we can address this, wether it's a Unity api change or something we can change directly in the action.

However, since IOS will reject anything not published with IL2CPP enabled, I don't think it's worth the effort, however for the sake of accuracy, that would be a good bug to nail for sure.

 I had some similar issues with the Unity Ads module, worked fine in editor and IOS, and wasn't working at all on android, turns out the Unity api method that shows an add is not actually behaving exactly the same on android then on other platforms.... ouch...

 Also, Unity 5 introduced a new physics engine version which breaks projects made in Unity 4. I have samples that works in Unity 4 but not anymore in Unity 5, so maybe in your case, there could be a slight change in the physics engine version which leads to this issues with AddForce or a setup that affect the physics computation of that force being added.

I am ready to investigate with you this issue, so let me know if and when you have a minimal project reproducing this problem, and I'll double check locally.

Bye,

 Jean