playMaker

Author Topic: Does Playmaker actually generate scripts?  (Read 2233 times)

davidosullivan

• Playmaker Newbie
Does Playmaker actually generate scripts?
« on: December 02, 2015, 05:41:31 PM »
Hi there,

I am just wondering whether Playmaker actually generates scripts? the reason I ask is that I am wanting to create a game and then add 'Scenes' to it that the user will download as asset bundles.

the problem is that asset bundles cannot contain scripts (for iOS etc) but I'd like my scenes to not be constrained by just scripts I distributed with the initial release.

So something like Playmaker looks like it could be an answer IF what it does is NOT generate scripts.

I'd try it out and see for myself but I only need it if it doesn't generate scripts and its not free...

davidosullivan

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Does Playmaker actually generate scripts?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:55 PM »
I see 8 people have looked at my question but no one has replied... I'd have thought it would be a very simple thing for any user to answer, but maybe I have not explained myself clearly...

So maybe I'll put it this way. Is Playmaker a tool that generates c# scripts for you using a visual interface, or is it more like a component that gets distributed with your build that generates code on the fly at run time?

If its the latter, then I assume that once it is in your game any scenes you add to your game that are downloaded by the end user as asset bundles can therefore do anything that Playmaker could do when you built your original game asset? I just need to know.

I am looking for something that I can use to code scenes after the initial code is on the app store/Google play, but you cannot add scripts to asset bundles. However, technically settings in components are data, so if Playmaker does not actually generate scripts that have to be included as extra assets then this should work, no?

I'm surprised this is not mentioned anywhere if this is the case as I'd say it was a HUGE plus to using Playmaker, that they should advertise and make very clear...

Also how much weight does it add to a build, how many extra MB?

rik

Re: Does Playmaker actually generate scripts?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi
playmaker does not generate any scripts if you want to use asset bundles you can request for asset bundle scripts for playmaker