playMaker

Author Topic: UsingArrayToSetTexturePleaseHelp  (Read 3848 times)

10Polarbears

• Playmaker Newbie
UsingArrayToSetTexturePleaseHelp
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
Hi there,

I am having trouble getting Array List Get to work based on the Playmaker supplied example.
No matter what I do including my own simpler attempts I cannot set a texture from an array.

I have attached three images that show what I am attempting. As far as I can see they mimic exactly the settings for the example itself. Which is to change the material colour. This works.

However following what appears to be exactly the same logic I am unable to change a material texture.
Can anyone see where I am going wrong?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: UsingArrayToSetTexturePleaseHelp
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:29 AM »
Hi,

oupss, thanks for spotting this. I used the wrong type for texture, and it slipped in my tests... sorry about that.

Here is a corrected version of the ArrayListGet action ( and its sibling HashTableGet action)

Download the script "ArrayListGet.cs" attached to this post and put it in playmaker/actions/Addons/ArrayMaker/ArrayList/

Download the script "HashTableListGet.cs" attached to this post and put it in playmaker/actions/Addons/ArrayMaker/HashTable/

I am planning a new version of arrayMaker to benefit from what I learned since I created this with a new bundling format that will sit outside the playmaker folder ( I originally thought that actions had to be in the playmaker/actions folder to work, but it turns out it doesn't, so I can now create a more user friendly bundle).

Keep me in the loop if it works now ok.

Bye,

Jean

10Polarbears

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
I followed your instructions.
However my first attempt failed.

Won't have time to try again until next week.
Too many deadlines.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:55 AM »
Hi,

Send me a package, and I'll look at it, It's likely a design pattern issue or a miss.

Bye,

Jean