playMaker

Author Topic: Action Editor For Custom Action  (Read 3703 times)

v_yury

• Playmaker Newbie
Action Editor For Custom Action
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »
Please tell me how to create a custom editor for my custom action in "PlayMaker FSM Editor" window on tab "State".
I need to implement a user interface similar to EventTarget Action Editor. The custom action editor should show/hide groups of fields according to the selection of another field.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:47:48 AM by v_yury »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Action Editor For Custom Action
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:16:10 AM »
Hi,

you can't unfortunatly ( as far as I aware), this is one big constraint at the moment, the action interface only detects your public variables and display them in order. We can not define our own gui interface, Hopefully a future release will provide access to this,

Bye,

Jean

v_yury

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »
Thank you for your reply.
I'll wait this feature.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »
Actually, if you have any ideas for how you'd like this feature to work that would help get it done quicker. Designing this kind of system can take longer than implementing it!

Ideally the dependencies should be expressed as attributes... But I haven't thought about it much beyond that yet...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »
Hi,

I think that because this would be advanced, we should have raw access to OnInspectorGUI or whatever call you playmaker use internaly to output the various gui element forming the content of an action interface. maybe as a delegate or a method that would override within an editor class ( just like it works on regular monobehavior, you create a class that is responsible for the editor gui)

That would really be better than attributes, we would be able to provide non Fsm gui to really help the user make the most of a complex action without cluterring the action gui.

Not sure about the complexity or possibility of this tho.

Bye,

Jean