playMaker

Author Topic: uNet Support?  (Read 8434 times)

OmegaDEV

• Playmaker Newbie
uNet Support?
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
Hi will uNet be supported with 1.8 Update? Im working on a project and im stuck spawning objects on the network in regards to picking up dropping and spawning objects / prefabs on the network. Below is a link to my issue.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12059.0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:47:21 PM by OmegaDEV »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: uNet Support?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:35:35 AM »
Hi,

[EDIT] Unet is now available on the Ecosystem

However, If you are planning on using uNet, be careful of the cost of hosting Unity server. You could find yourself in trouble just to cover the cost of that ( And the trouble of setting it up to scale, you'll need to use AWS and other cloud system, it's VERY complex).

Basically, I could not achieve any descent/stable/reliable development so far with unet, so I don't really want to publicly say that you can work with uNet inside PlayMaker as it would be a storm of mixed questions on our forum when it should be asked on Unity forum, and I would have a hard time giving proper answers... I am having a hard time myself grasping how it all fits together...

So all in all. Stay away from Unet if you haven't first contacted Unity regarding live deployment, there are other solutions, far more easier to setup and more importantly, at a fraction of the cost.

Your input and experience with Unet will be important for me to know if the set of actions and proxies works, so don't hesitate to give me feedback on what you can achieve with it and what's missing. I have worked on non conventional data synchronization ( you can synch variables from client to server, not just from server to client :) )

If you go to the uNet dashboard, you'll see that "Live mode" is off and you need to get in touch with them to enable that. Estimates for 20CCU with 30msg/s is $100 already... and that's not taking into account aws hosting if you plan on having a headless unity version runnning.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:00:56 PM by Alex Chouls »

OmegaDEV

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: uNet Support?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
OMG U ARE A GOD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :D