playMaker

Author Topic: state.Fsm != ActiveFsm ??  (Read 1599 times)

memetic arts

state.Fsm != ActiveFsm ??
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
Hi -

I've been getting this strange error after running an FSM and then clicking into one of the states (doesn't seem to matter which one).

It doesn't seem to be having any real impact on the application, but was just wondering what might be causing this, and if there is actually something that I should be concerned about.

As much as I'd like to upgrade to 1.8 right now, I'm in the middle of a dev cycle and would rather not risk potential upgrade-related time sinks...

thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:02:46 AM by memetic arts »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: state.Fsm != ActiveFsm ??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
1.8 fixes some compatibility problems with Unity 5.3.

One of these problems is the FSM selection becoming stale after playmode change. When you get this error in the console it means you have an old version of the FSM selected in the editor, and most likely changes will be lost if you edit it! The workaround is to re-select the FSM (deselect it and select it again). But it would be better to upgrade to 1.8.

memetic arts

Re: state.Fsm != ActiveFsm ??
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »
I had a feeling . . . and I have noticed the "lost changes" issue as well. As long as there's no behind-the-scenes damage I'll have to gut it out until I get this next round of dev complete, then will definitely upgrade.

Appreciate the quick response (on a Sunday!).

cheers