playMaker

Author Topic: A simple third person controller  (Read 32264 times)

Deadlyapples666

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A simple third person controller
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:34:47 AM »
Hi guys. Bought this asset and its wonderful. I can model, texture and sort of animate but I cannot script to save my life! So thank you for this wonderful asset / package thingy!!

Ok I have made a 3rd person controller attached to a sphere. I figured out how to make the camera follow the sphere. I also figured out how to make the sphere face the direction of the mouse like a 3rd person controller. (No Mouse Showing type setup)..

But I can't figure out how to make the Character "Sphere" Jump?!

Ive tried Force but that only works on Ridgid bodies and Ridgid + Controller = a No no :P

Ive tried translate but then my character just zooms up into the air and keeps going forever :P

Any advice or tips :)?

Muminka

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
Hey there, I made a character controller exactly like the video shows and all works fine - as long as I am using a capsule. Now I tried the same with a character, but it just rotates on its spot and does not move. What could I make wrong?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
Hi,

if you translate your character to jump, then you need to be very careful with the logic to STOP translating it at some point. So you are int he right direction, only you need to work out where inyour fsm you should stop translating up and start making your character go down instead.

bye,

Jean

24pfilms

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
Doing this tut. Attempt number 3. Everything works fine until I attach the smooth look at direction.  When I hit play the capsule transform in the scene window seems to be attached to something that is not the capsule. As if I am controlling my scene view perspective.
Here is a video
http://screencast.com/t/eanCinrigLlO

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 04:07:27 AM »
Hi,

this is simply because if the "Game" view is not focused, then you don't actually control anything but the "scene" view which is your editing feature, not your game.

you need to have the game view visible if you want to control the game AND view what's going on in the scene.

bye,

Jean

Darber1968

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 02:26:31 AM »
I am such a non programmer but you guys make this look easy lol nice work

marcustegtmeier

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:05 AM »
Thanks for this tutorial!  I've tried to do this in several other ways and this is by far the simplest one and it works great for what I needed it for.